Altai AS Privacy Notice
Altai AS will only process your personal data if it is necessary in order for us to:
- Fulfill a contract with you or a relevant party;
- Pursue our legitimate business interests;
- Comply with our legal obligations; or
- If you give your consent
This Privacy Notice applies to the personal data we obtain through Altai AS’s online properties, including websites, web portals, mobile applications, social media pages and email programs that reference this Privacy Notice (“Online Channels”). This Privacy Notice also references offline data collection in connection with sales, marketing, partner and supplier engagement (“Offline Channels”) and third-party sources, including ad networks (collectively, the “Channels”).
This Privacy Notice describes the types of personal data we obtain through the Channels, how we may use that personal data, with whom we may share it, and how you may exercise your rights regarding our processing of the data. The Privacy Notice also describes the measures we take to safeguard the personal data we obtain and how you can contact us about our privacy practices.
The Online Channels may provide links to other third-party websites and features, or contain third-party cookies, that are not owned or controlled by Altai AS.
You can use the Altai AS websites without disclosing your identity. Details of the data that we gather as standard when you access one of our websites is described below. If you register for any of our services or contact us via forms, there will be detailed information about how your data is processed in connection to your registration.
Like most website operators, Altai AS collects non-personally-identifying data of the sort that web browsers and servers typically make available, such as the browser type, language preference, referring site, and the date and time of each visitor request. Altai AS’s purpose in collecting non-personally identifying data is to better understand how our visitors use our websites.
Our websites also collect potentially personally-identifying data including Internet Protocol (IP) addresses. Elekta does not use such data to identify its visitors, however, and does not disclose such data, other than under the same circumstances described in this Privacy Notice.
Google Analytics (website analytics) and Google AdWords (digital advertising): https:/google.com
Our websites may contain links to other websites. We have no influence on the compliance or non-compliance of the operators of these sites with the data protection provisions.
Please note that providing personal data to Altai AS is voluntary on your part. If you choose not to provide us certain data, we may however not be able to offer you certain products and services, and you may not be able to access certain features of our Online Channels.
Though Altai AS’s Channels are primarily intended to capture information at the Customer (Company/Account) level, we may obtain personal data of individuals who work at those companies in the process. The types of personal data we may obtain include:
- Contact information (such as name, phone and fax number, email and postal address) for you or for others (e.g., principals in your business) – note that this contact information is typically tied to your employer, meaning Altai AS is primarily obtaining work email and postal addresses, not personal;
- Information used to create your online account for one of our web portals that requires a dedicated user login (such as username, password and security question and answer);
- Role-based information (such as job title/position and/or expressed products/solutions or events/trainings of interest);
- Customer service history (such as information about support/services cases you may have filed on behalf of your employer);
- Location data (such as data derived from your IP address, country and zip code);
- Other personal data contained in content you submit to us through completing web forms, filling out online surveys, and/or registering for virtual and/or live events or training
We may use this information to:
- Provide and administer our products and services;
- Process and fulfill orders and keep you informed about the status of your order;
- Communicate about and administer our products, services, events, programs and promotions (such as by sending email alerts, promotional materials, newsletters and other marketing communications);
- Conduct and facilitate surveys, focus groups and market research initiatives;
- Perform data analytics (such as market research, trend analysis, financial analysis and customer segmentation);
- Engage in ad retargeting and evaluate the effectiveness of our marketing efforts (including through our participation in ad networks);
- Provide customer support;
- Process, evaluate and respond to requests, inquiries and applications;
- Create, administer and communicate with you about your account
- Administer and register participants in our learning courses;
- Provide investor services;
- Conduct marketing and sales activities (including generating leads, pursuing marketing prospects, performing market research, determining and managing the effectiveness of our advertising and marketing campaigns and managing our brand);
- Operate, evaluate and improve our business (such as by administering, enhancing and improving our products and services; developing new products, services and Online Channels; managing our communications and customer relationships; and performing accounting, auditing, billing, reconciliation and collection activities);
- Maintain and enhance the safety and security of our products, services, Online Channels, network services, information resources and employees.
We may combine personal data we obtain through Online Channels with information we obtain through Offline Channels, as well as other information, for the purposes described above. We may anonymize or aggregate personal data and use it for the purposes described above and for other purposes to the extent permitted by applicable law. We also may use personal data for additional purposes that we identify at the time of collection. We will obtain your consent for these additional uses to the extent required by applicable law.
Where required by applicable law, we will obtain your consent for the processing of your personal data for direct marketing purposes.
As a global organization, data we collect may be transferred internationally throughout Altai AS’s worldwide organization for the purposes described in this Privacy Notice. Altai AS will not sell or otherwise disclose personal data about you except as described here or at the time of collection.
There will be other times when we need to share data, for example, in the case of an event where we need to provide our caterer with meal preference information. However, before you submit any data, we will notify you as to why we are asking for specific data and it is completely up to you whether or not you want to provide it.
We may share personal data with service providers we have retained to perform services on our behalf (such as payment processing, order fulfillment, customer support and data analytics). These service providers are contractually required to safeguard the data provided to them and are restricted from using or disclosing such data except as necessary to perform services on our behalf or to comply with legal requirements.
Altai AS may transfer the personal data we collect through the Channels to, and store such data in, other countries, including the U.S., which may have different data protection laws than the country in which the information was provided. If we do so, we will transfer the personal data only for the purposes described in this Privacy Notice. To the extent required by applicable law, when we transfer your personal data to recipients in other countries, we will take measures to protect that information.
Altai as retains personal data we obtain about you as long as (1) it is needed for the purposes for which we obtained it, in accordance with this Privacy Notice or (2) we have another lawful basis, stated in this Privacy Notice or at the point of collection, for retaining that data for a longer time period. As a general rule, we obtain personal data about customer contacts for the duration of the product/service agreement in place with Altai AS (i.e. over the entire lifecycle of the Customer/Account). In cases where the personal data obtained is not associated with an active Altai AS Customer/Account, we make every effort to retire this data within two years of collection.
Altai AS takes all measures reasonably necessary to protect against the unauthorized access, use, alteration, or destruction of potentially personally-identifying and personally-identifying data.
Altai AS uses email as a primary communications channel to keep our customers, prospective customers and other stakeholders informed of product and service enhancements, upcoming events, educational opportunities and general company/investor news.
Altai AS contacts who choose to unsubscribe from Altai AS emails will immediately be placed on a “do not email” list. However, if that contact is part of an active Altai AS Customer/Account, their data will be retained throughout the life of the customer agreement/services. Additionally, while that contact will no longer receive marketing communications, they will receive any product/service lifecycle announcements and/or customer communications required to be distributed as part of the contractual agreement in place.
You have the right to know whether Altai as holds data about you and, if we do, to have access to that data and require it to be corrected if it is inaccurate. You also have the right to have your personal data erased or blocked if any of the processing of it is in violation with the applicable privacy legislation. You also have the right to lodge any complaints you may have regarding Altai AS’s processing of your personal data to a supervisory authority.
This Privacy Notice may be updated periodically and without prior notice to you to reflect changes in our information practices. We will indicate at the top of this Privacy Notice when it was most recently updated.
If you have any questions or comments about this Privacy Notice, or if you would like us to update data we have about you or your preferences, please contact our Data Protection Officer, Ercan Demirel:
Kor Kadi Sok 1G/17, Ulus, Besiktas, Istanbul, 34340, TURKEY
+90 (533) 127-7109